Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Poem by D Bailey_#2



If I've Ever Had A Friend

by Doug Bailey    Copyright 2011-2013



If I"ve ever had a friend
I've had a friend in you, 
Though in my life I can truly say,
"I've only had a few."
People have always let me down
(because that's what people do)
When times have shown blue
But a true Friend's love shines through.

It gently lifts you up 
When things go bad,
Or 
Perhaps when you're just feeling
Sad.
It makes you laugh
When times are great;
This love forgives
When most would hate.

Without you in my life
I don't know 
What I would do.
So,
Thank you, Mom,
Your love shines true!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will try to answer all comments within 24hours. If you come by on a week-end it may be 48 hours before I get back to you. Thank you for stopping by. Please return soon.