Friday, January 20, 2012

God described as a shepherd and as a host - both descriptions show God's care of man

I woke up this morning between 1:30 and 2:00 A.M.  So, I've been sitting here browsing through the Bible.  I like the website  http://www.esvbible.org.  There are so many resources to go along with reading.  Also, there is audio to listen to while you read along.  I can close my eyes and listen.

I particularly like Psalms 23 http://www.esvbible.org/search/psalms+23/  If you register, you get all manner of resources.  An example would be that God is described in two ways:  as a shepherd watching over his sheep and as a host who cares for a guest.  

1 "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. 
       2He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
       3 He restores my soul. 
He leads me in paths of righteousness
        for His name's sake.

  4Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
        I shall fear no evil,
For you are with me;
       your rod and your staff, 
they comfort me. 

5 You prepare a table before me
        in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
        my cup overflows. 

6Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me 
        all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
        forever.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

I will try to answer all comments within 24hours. If you come by on a week-end it may be 48 hours before I get back to you. Thank you for stopping by. Please return soon.